I want to apologize if my posting has been or becomes sporadic. I’m currently dealing with a family tragedy and may have to travel out of state this week to attend a funeral. Details are still being worked out, so I appreciate your patience and understanding.
I totally forgot to place an order for my CSA box this weekend, so my planning is a bit different than usual. I still wanted to share my planning for this week, though!
Breakfast: Polenta and egg (me), green smoothies (him)
- Monday-Wednesday — Butternut Poblano Soup (I’ll post my tweaks this week)
- Thursday-Sunday — No idea yet! Probably leftovers, or pasta.
- For him — Another hummus recipe with carrots, celery, and corn chips
- Monday/Tuesday — Red beans (again, my tweaks to come), barley and Swiss chard
- Wednesday — Salad with bean patties
- Thursday/Friday — Chickpea & Rice Soup with a Little Kale (ditto)
- Saturday — Probably something out
I stuck somewhat to my plan this week, with a few changes. We didn’t eat out at all, though. I surprised myself and consider it a little victory. There was one night — when I got the bad news — that I didn’t feel like cooking, so we bought canned veggie chili, a block of cheese, and corn chips to make Frito pie at home. It wasn’t the healthiest, but it was comforting, and it meant Mr. X could easily prepare dinner for both of us.
And now let’s look at my workout schedule:
Monday – rest
Tuesday – 3-mile run plus strides
Wednesday – class at Pop Physique
Thursday – 4-mile run
Friday – yoga podcast and arms/abs
Saturday – 2-mile run plus strides and legs/butt
Sunday – 5-mile run
It’s virtually identical to last week’s plan, but I’m actually looking forward to it.
That’s all I have for now. Sorry about the lack of photos, but I promise to bring you a food post tomorrow.