I’m finally returning to both my CSA and meal planning! I am unreasonably excited about both, so I think that officially makes me a goober. Oh well. There are worse things to be. So let’s get right to it!
Here are the glorious contents of my first CSA box of 2013:
- Baby spinach
- Swiss chard
- Flat leaf parsley
- Curly parsley
Let’s take a closer look at that gorgeous head of lettuce:
Breakfast: Green smoothies
- Monday-Wednesday — A black-eyed pea and corn dish
- Thursday/Friday — Probably hummus with carrots and homemade tortilla chips
- Saturday — Leftovers mini quiches and home fries
- Sunday — Leftovers
- For him — Soyrizo tacos, the aforementioned hummus
- Monday — Beet salad (similar to this one)
- Tuesday — Vegetarian spaghetti carbonara and Swiss chard
- Wednesday/Thursday — Barbecued mushrooms and roasted garlic mashed potatoes/kohlrabi
- Friday — Asian noodle salad (similar to this one, but simplified)
- Saturday — Probably something out
As for my weekly exercise, I’m working from my 10k training plan:
Monday – rest
Tuesday – 3-mile run plus strides
Wednesday – class at Pop Physique (I have three classes remaining on my gift card)
Thursday – 4-mile run
Friday – yoga podcast and arms/abs
Saturday – 2-mile run and legs/butt
Sunday – 5-mile run
My first week of our 60-Day Challenge went really well. You can see my four running days highlighted with green check marks in my training plan, and in addition, I did yoga on Friday and some arm work on Saturday.
Happy Monday, everyone!
Come check out all the great produce at In Her Chucks’ weekly “What’s in the Box?” link-up!