Hey everyone! I took a weekend off from the internet (other than the time sucks that are Facebook and Twitter, of course), so I’m presenting my CSA haul and weekly meal plan a little late once again. My apologies! However, we’re pretty excited about this week’s food.
First, though, is the weekly CSA share:
- Big bunch of arugula
- Swiss chard
- Green onions
- Butternut squash
- Two honeycrisp apples (we ate one last night — incredible!)
- Meyer lemon
- Three beets
- Two heads of broccoli
As of right now, we also have another butternut, some Japanese eggplant, and a bunch of Swiss chard left over from the week before. So what’s the food plan for the week?
Breakfast: polenta with roasted summer squash and eggplant and Swahili Ginger and Milk Tea
- Monday/Tuesday — roasted beet salad (me), soy chorizo tacos (husband)
- Wednesday/Thursday/Friday — Chickpea Noodle Soup
- Saturday — Butternut Squash Pasta
- Monday/Tuesday — Vegan Cornbread Casserole and sauteed Swiss chard
- Wednesday/Thursday — Portobello mushrooms burgers and salad
- Friday — Butternut Squash Pasta
- Saturday — Something special to be determined for my husband’s birthday!
As far as working out goes, I’m trying to ease back into the 10k training plan this week. I definitely fell out of sync between preparing to leave town and then being gone for a week. I’m excited to get back to it, though, especially since daylight savings means the sun will be out when I depart in the mornings. (The ONLY good thing about falling back on the west coast. It gets dark so early here!) I’m also thinking about signing up for a 5k “turkey trot” on Thanksgiving. I’m still trying to decide if it’s worth the $30 or if I should just go for a run that morning on my own.
So that’s it for this week’s planning. I’ll be back later today with a recipe from this weekend!
Every week, I link up with In Her Chucks’ “What’s in the Box?” series. Click here to check out this week’s collection of CSA hauls!