Now, my fellow food-loving friends, it’s time for the second contest. We are taking a side-step away from the sugar-and-fat-laden sphere of baking to the wide-open world of global cuisine. Your challenge: choose a style of cuisine you’ve never made before and take a stab at it. Have you already conquered international cooking? Then pick a style you like and try another facet of it. For example, my plan is to make gnocchi from scratch for the first time.
Here are the rules:
1. To enter, email me photos of your entry plus a recipe by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on Sunday, November 14. Feel free to include pictures of the process as well as the final version. One photo of your finished product is OK, too. Conversely, if you have a blog of your own, feel free to do a post about your global cooking adventure in lieu of sending me the details. Just make sure to email me a link instead. Also, let me know if you have any food allergies in case you’re the winner so I don’t send you a package of things that’ll kill ya.
2. All submissions must be from a culture separate from your own. There’s a world (tee hee!) of possibilities, so take your pick. And yes, that does mean non-Americans are free to try their hands at our decidedly fried and corn-fed cuisine.
3. Remember: Try out something new. The point is to challenge ourselves and expand our horizons.
I hope this goes without being said, but, of course, 4. All entries must be vegan. Feel free to veganize a popular dish or choose a style – such as Indian or Vientamese – that has a lot of meat- and dairy-free options already available.
5. If your recipe was not made up by you, please cite your source. No one will lose points for using a preexisting recipe, but please just let me know where you found it.
One winner will receive a surprise package from me. Precise goodies have yet to be determined, but expect some homemade baked goods and some of my favorite vegan products. Winners will be judged on the following criteria:
- Creativity of the submission
Do you plan to participate? Let me know in the comments! You can also pop over to the Vegging out in T-Town Facebook page to let me know. As before, please spread the word!
Thanks again, and I can’t wait to see what you make!