I saw Chocolate Covered Katie‘s Single Lady Cupcake on Heather Eats Almond Butter the other day and knew I had to try it. Here is her version. I knew I had to give it a go if for no other reason than it gave me an excuse to use my teacup silicon mold. The result:
Check out the original recipe above, but here’s what I used:
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon water
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar, plus a pinch more for sprinkling
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch (or two) of cinnamon
I followed the directions as given and added a sprinkling of brown sugar to the top.
The result was good, though the texture was not fluffy. I still really liked it, but my taller half turned up his nose. I look forward to trying out more versions.
I just pulled a coffee cake out of the oven. I’ll share that baking adventure tomorrow!