With the disappearance of the Cherry Street Farmers Market, I am now on a quest for a new Saturday morning ritual. Yes, I’m sick and disgusting for not only rising early on weekend mornings for practical reasons, but I’m even worse for admitting that I will miss it. I don’t care. It’s who I am. “Don’t look at me!”
So, friends, below is a list of things I could start doing to fill that time:
- Join a running group. Runners World offers the opportunity to sweat at 6:45 Saturday mornings for free.
- Ride my bike to Coffee House on Cherry Street. It’s almost the same as the market, right? Right?
- Brew tea and read a book.
- Do something crafty. I’ve been slacking, and it’ll be time to start making holiday gifts before I even know it.
- Find an early yoga class. The teacher I loved is no longer running the 9 a.m. class.
- Take a hot bath. I see no reason not to start the day this way.
- Bake. As if I need an excuse.
Of course, this is all contingent on me remaining resolute throughout the cold, dark months. When November rears its ugly head, I might change my tune.