I made something random for dinner last night, but it was delicious, so I’m sharing the “recipe” with you.
Vi presento … Brigid’s Sesame Garlic Noodles with Veggies
- 1/4 box of whole wheat noodles
- 1 cup of fresh green beans
- 5 baby bella mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
- All the sri racha you can handle
- Black pepper to taste
1. Boil water and cook noodles according to package instructions. While still dry, I break mine in half when I serve them with veggies. Drain and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, clean green beans, snap off ends, and break into bite-size pieces. Also, clean the mushrooms and chop. Bring a small amount of water to boil in a sauce pan and steam green beans until they reach the amount of tenderness you prefer. I like mine slightly al dente. About a minute before they’re done, add the mushrooms. Drain the water from the pan and then add the olive oil and the veggies. Saute for about one minute.
3. Place noodles on plate, top with veggies, and then add the rest of the ingredients. If you don’t like the bite of raw garlic, add it to the olive oil with the veggies. Yum!
Afterward, I made a dessert out of a smoothie:
This one is brown because of both the fruits and veggies and a little bit of cocoa powder. It contained a handful of spinach, a banana, about 1/2 cup of frozen peaches, 1/3 cup of frozen strawberries, a scant tablespoon of Justin’s Maple Almond Butter, a little cocoa powder, a sprinkle of both cinnamon and ginger, and too much water, hence the runniness. It was incredibly tasty, though.
What’s your favorite smoothie combination?